A COLLECTION OF DRIVE IN FIXINGS (NAILS) BOARD 1 PG 2
33. 5” Wrought rose head spike. Donated by Mr & Mrs Parks of Manor House Farm, Rogiet, Monmouthshire. (A Listed Building).
34. 14”+ ¾”+⅞” Square Wrought spike. As per no.33.
35. Railway Nail or Spike. Donated By Mr Mike Pegginton, Pentwyn Farm, Llangwm, Usk, Monmouthshire.
36. 14” + 3/8” Diameter Wrought spike From Dan– y – Rheol Cottage, Llanover. Donated by Mr Lawrence Wright of Gilwern, Monmouthshire.
37. Stone Tile Nail from Maes Manor, North Lodge, built 1912 Donated by Mr. Cliff Meek. Cwmgelli, Blackwood, Caerphilly County.
38. Wrought nails recovered from a Queen Ann window, made c.1700, which was renewed at The Kings Head Inn, Blakeney, Gloucestershire. (A listed building). A story about these nails appeared in the Tool & Trades History Society’s “newsletter 77” summer 2002 page 40.
39. Wrought frame-fixing nail, for fixing notice boards to walls & the like, as 33
40. 5” Wrought nail from the Royal Hotel. Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire during renovation in 2001
41. A Wrought nail believed to be a down pipe nail removed from a wall at the Woodman Inn, Park end, Forest-of-dean, Gloucestershire.
42. Unknown, some sort of cleat nail, probably for fixing metal ironmongery to woodwork.
43. Boot Nails, the smaller of the two was used to secure the steel “U” shaped heel grips, to men’s working boots; the other is a stud to prevent the bottoms from wearing.
44. Wrought clout nail. It was used to hold up a Hessian ceiling in the kitchen of the Old Tredegar Arms, Ynysddu, Caerphilly County.